Thursday, November 8, 2007

Self-assessment of online listening to podcasts

I have listened two podcasts:
Ø ABC World News Podcast http://a.media.abcnews.com/podcasts/071107wn_webcasta.mp3)

Ø Exclusiva English Podcast http://a.media.abcnews.com/podcasts/071025exclusiva_eng.mp3

These online listening podcasts are upper-intermediate level and it was not easy to perform this task. Vocabulary was quite difficult, there were many unknown words. I had to listen podcasts 4 times for the complete understanding. Unfortunately, there was not written text (transcript), so I could not looked up the meaning of unknown words.

It is good that speakers’ accents were American, because it is easier to understand than British, although American accent has faster rate of speaking.

Listening task is not my forte. I have not enough experience. In order to have it more and improve my English skills I have to listen to podcasts as often as possible, watch English films. Also it is very useful to travel and work abroad.

After doing this task I persuaded that I am not well prepared for my exam listening paper and I have to work harder to pass it.

No comments: