Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The training of a clinical social work

I have performed my month-long training in the Šeškinės day-centre. The main aims of the training were to take a look to the institution’s work, to know more about social worker’s functions and to analyze one case.
In this day-centre there works a social pedagogue and a social worker. Also there are about eleven volunteers.
I was working with children from the ages of 7 to 10. In the day-centre there are nine children from different families and with various problems. Children spend their days after school in this place: do their homework, eat, play and improve social, artistic, culinary skills. Of course each of them has some responsibilities: to wash their dishes, to tidy up the place of their work and etc.
At first I was a little bit afraid of the training: I didn’t know anything about social work in the institution like this, I was in ignorance of communication with children. Now I can say that the training was very successful and useful. I succeeded in achieving the aims of training with the help of a social worker and a social pedagogue. My relations with children are very close now. At the end of training I decided to do volunteer work in this day-centre.
I am very happy about my training. I have learned many useful things about social work, communication with children. It was a great experience.

No comments: